Thursday, August 16, 2012

BLG

You know those white-oval country abbreviation bumper stickers?  Wait, why am I describing it?  We have pictures on the Internet now.
Used with Gnu Free Document License
See?  One of those things.

Anyway, I don't know if they're still common in Europe, which I believe is where they started, but there isn't much call for them on this side of the Atlantic.  So mostly you see humourous take-offs on the concept.

Today I saw one that said, "VGN".  That left me wondering.  I suppose it could be someone originally from Virginia, but that's usually abbreviated, "VA."  So it must be some sort of statement about the driver.  The only such possibilities that sprang to mind were "Virgin" or "Vegan."  Given that this was a full-size pick-up, neither possibility seems likely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment