Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Mind Boggles

Things I've learned during my addiction to the Boggle app:
  • Someone decided it should not accept dirty words, but should still put them in the list of words you missed.  This ends up causing profanity than it prevents.
  • I look up definitions of the obscure short words the game accepts, just so that I’ll feel less guilty using them to run up my score.  Yet I can never remember what they mean no matter how many times I look them up.
  • When they were creating Boggle back in the sixties or whenever, at some point they asked, "should we let them count plurals as separate words."  I'm thinking they have regretted their decision ever since.
  • Frustration sets in when you realize you'd be more successful if you just frantically entered random combinations of letters.
  • When you try to start all your apps by shaking your tablet, you've been playing too much.
  • Frustration gets worse when you can think up words that you know are real but the game won't accept (pho? trew? eid?)

No comments:

Post a Comment