Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Neighbourhood #3

This weekend I had to survive a number of lengthy power outages in Woodstock.  It was quite a strange experience: I was watching Doctor Who, and just as the Doctor was about to reboot the Tardis and fix the rift in the space-time continuum, the power went out.  It took me a second to realize that the complete darkness wasn't part of the show.  It was like a moment of extra realism that would put to shame that special smell-o-vision version of Iron Man 3 that they're doing in Japan.

I looked on the Woodstock Hydro web page for an explanation.  They didn't any information on what was currently happening, which is another example of local organizations not using the web to send useful information, as I mentioned previously.  Or they couldn't update it because their power was out.  But they did have an explanation the next day.  I present it to you now without comment:


No comments:

Post a Comment