Thursday, May 10, 2012

Exactly What I Was Expecting

While I'm on the topic of movies that I'm judging purely on their ads, we're starting to see ads for What To Expect When You're Expecting, which is based on the book.  That's part of the trend of movies based on non-fiction books.  Yes, as Hollywood runs out of ideas, it's only a matter of time until they have to start making movies based on blogs, and I'll be rich.

I have not only not seen the movie, but I also haven't read the book.  I was under the impression that the book was to inform people of the things they may not know about pregnancy and childbirth.  But apparently it's all unnecessary: if this movie's ads are anything to go by, you don't need any special books about new parenthood, since all the stereotypes and clichés in previous movies are all you need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment