Thursday, November 8, 2012

Too Cool For Fools

There are signs up in our buildings instructing people not to use their air conditioners, because it is too cold.  Today, it was a high of 6°C (that would be 43°F) which has me asking the obvious question: what kind of an idiot is still running their air conditioner in this weather? 

I was amazed enough at the start of summer when they needed a sign telling people to keep their windows closed when the AC is on, and not to set it lower than 19°.   That's pretty cold: no one I know is as bothered by hot weather as I am, yet I'm perfectly happy to keep it set at 24°.  I can't imagine why any non-penguinoid lifeform would want it that cold.

So this is another in the I-can't-believe-they-have-to-tell-people-that file, along with:
  • clean up anything you spill in front of the garbage chute
  • don't throw anything off the balcony
  • don't let your dogs do their business directly in front of the entrance.

1 comment:

  1. You posted this the same day they called a 20-minute office-wide meeting where I work to tell us not to put paper towels in the toilet. This being a government office, the meeting had to be bilingual, include input from the Safety and Health Committee, a speech from the union shop steward, and an question-and-answer period where nothing related to any of the above was addressed.

    The next 30 minutes after the meeting I had to listen to the shop steward (who works one cubicle over from me) telling every passerby that management should have consulted with him first and that threatening to level disciplinary action was going too far.

    ReplyDelete