Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Short Films

Occasionally you see guerrilla marketing, where the intent is to get people talking about the ad itself, thereby creating a groundswell of word-of-mouth.  I try not to get involved in this, since I'd rather not be a part of someone's cut-rate marketing campaign.

But yesterday, I saw an element of guerrilla marketing, and thought it was both unusual and clever, but didn't mention it online to avoid being a pawn of advertisers.  But then I found myself wondering if I'd actually seen it, or just dreamt it up.  So I had to go online to reassure myself of my own sanity. 

If you are in the same boat, let me reassure you.  Yes, that was a tiny little billboard advertising the new Ant-Man movie.  It seems the campaign started a while back, but they must have ramped it up with the release in just over a week.  So no, I hadn't somehow forgotten that I'd taken a large dose of psychoactive drugs. 

So, an ant-sized billboard for a movie about a tiny superhero.  That is pretty funny, I have to admit.  It makes me sorry that this is probably the movie that will prove that Marvel can't be successful with all their characters.  But please do me a favour, and don't talk about this with anyone so I won't feel like a marketing tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment