Thursday, September 8, 2016

I'm Walkin' Here

I saw this graphic being passed around on Facebook:


I was wondering who actually said this, so I looked it up. Most graphics attribute it to author Albert Camus. Now first of all, I invite you to think over the implication of a Camus quote being associated with Winnie The Pooh. This is a guy whose most famous novel is about an unemotional man being tried for murder. I figured that somehow this graphic was put together by someone who didn't know the origin of the quote. Certainly it was by someone who didn't know the application of modern copyright laws. Winnie The Pooh is a Disney property, and you don't want to tangle with their lawyers.

But after you've come to terms with existentialist Pooh, then you can try to come to terms with this: I found many other graphics on the web that attribute the quote to Camus, but are just as cutesy.



Of course, all these graphics have one thing in common: they are graphics of quotes on the Internet, therefore they are inaccurate. I looked it up, and although it is cannot be proven diffinitively, he probably never said it.

Please people, if you're going to pass around inspirational images of Camus quotes, at least use something he actually said:

No comments:

Post a Comment