Thursday, September 4, 2014

You May Know Me From Hollywood Boulevard

Every now and then you hear about someone new being added to the Hollywood Walk Of Fame. What's weird is that the people being honoured seem to be at different levels of their careers. It's not like a sports hall of fame where their career has to be finished, or a lifetime achievement award where it's for a lifetime body of work.

On the other hand, they sometimes do give it to someone who's been around for a while. So we get these announcements that there's a ceremony to give stars to Kesha and Rich Little. And I'm wondering who decided that they are at the exact same level of accomplishment? And what did Rich Little just do that got him over the line? Is he lifting the ceremonial cover off that star thinking, thank God I did that show in Tucson last week, that finally got me here.

I'm really wondering about that, given the recent announcement that Phil Hartman is getting a star. I'm all in favour, as you can guess given that in the tag cloud in the margin, the SNL label is about the size as my hometown. But I have to ask what just happened to make him worthy, given that he died sixteen years ago. But then I realized: it was the recent Simpsons marathon. Apparently Troy McClure made a big impression on the Walk Of Fame people.

No comments:

Post a Comment