Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Redefining Canada

Last week I made a map of Canada based on Google searches of province names.  That was inspired by a similar map of the U.S.  Well I've seen another American map going around the Internet.  In this one, they searched Google for "Why is <state name> so" and put Google's top autocomplete suggestion on the map.

So I did the same thing for Canadian provinces.  I've included all the suggestions I was given.  Unfortunately, there was no suggestion for, "Why are the Northwest Territories so" regardless of how I played with the awkward pluralism in that phrase.  Once again, the title is the suggestions for "Why is Canada so":


Notes:
  1. Somehow, for B.C. it suggested the rather formal, "Why is B.C. so named?"
  2. For Manitoba, it left a blank, suggesting the koan, "Why is Manitoba so?"
  3. That is, the only suggestion for P.E.I. was, "Why is P.E.I. soil red."

No comments:

Post a Comment