Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Still Waiting For The McDLT

The McRib is back!  Actually, I don't really care, I've never had one.  But lots of people love it; just this week I heard someone try ordering it at the local food court, and was disappointed that our fun-size McDonalds doesn't carry it.

A while back, I heard a claim that the reason the McRib is only offered intermittently is that it all comes down to pork prices.  Over the past decade, it seems that the McRib was always introduced when the price of pork went down.  So I checked out current prices; they have indeed gone down, though not dramatically. 

I wonder what else they could apply it to.  I see the price of lamb took a big dip about eighteen months ago; they missed a chance to bring in the McMutton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment