Monday, February 25, 2013

My Technology Agrivatiosfjvrl

Have you ever had one of those incidents at the computer where you activated something and have no idea what it is or even how you did it?  It happens a lot to people who don't have much experience with computers.  I guess that's understandable: if you don't know your way around the computer, it's easier to get lost.

Well I hope you feel better to know it happens to anyone.  Tonight while typing, I mistakenly hit some combination of keys - I didn't really notice what - and next thing I know I'm signing into my neighbour's wi-fi.  Never mind trying to figure out which keys I hit, I'm just wondering how a small combination of key strokes could possibly give the computer an instruction to switch from the current network to a random new one.  What user interface designer figured that a person would want to quickly and conveniently switch to a random wi-fi connection?

No comments:

Post a Comment