Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Betting On The Stacks

Doing Christmas shopping in Chapters, I learned a lot. For one thing, I can't believe how much manga and graphic novels have grown.  I remember being amazed that it had its own shelf, and now it has its own section.

But I also found these piles of books. You sometimes see the latest much-anticipated book arranged like this. I figure the height of the stack gives us an indication of how the book is selling. And they complexity of the design shows how much free time the site employees have.

I remember how there were huge arrangements of the Steve Jobs biography for a while, which I figure means that they ordered far too many in the hype following his death. So what do we know based on these piles?

Justin Trudeau should be worried that his book sales are well behind those of conservative icon Conrad Black.



The Leafs' book isn't doing too well. It's way behind the Gordie Howe book. Though it is beating the latest Young-Adult fantasy on the other side of it.


And the leading author? No, not Stephen King, it's Amy Poehler.


No comments:

Post a Comment