Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Some Women Just Want To Watch The Fuel Burn

This Esso commercial has been running a lot, where the guy wonders what the cleaning ingredients are, and the scientists pop out of nowhere to tell him. Apparently it's a Mobil ad in the U.S. (all part of the ExxonMobil empire.)


I'm worried about the detergent #2 scientist.  She seems to have an enthusiasm for her work that no one -  not even her oddball colleagues - can match.  It seems that she's destined to be disappointed that others don't share her love of internal combustion cleanliness.  I see her shaking her fist in the air late one night at the Esso lab, saying "I'll show them the importance of removing deposits from fuel injectors!"

And I'm dreading what she'll do next.  We know that she's a master of disguise, since she was she was also detergent #1 developer.  And that leads to the next problem: she's obviously a chemistry genius, since she developed two fuel additives in the time everyone else needed to develop just one.  What I'm getting at is, she just has to steal the flying chair from the Marker Molecules guy and she'll have everything she needs to be a supervillan.

I'm not sure what sort of name she'd choose.  The Solvent? Dr. Fluid? Ms. Clean?  I think she'll have to depend on some sort of lab accident to create a persona for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment