Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Donut Judge

I'm not feeling well, so I won't put pressure on myself to come up with anything particularly insightful.  I'll just observe that Tim Hortons is running its Duelling Donuts contest, where the public submits donut ideas, and celebrities and the public vote on the winners.  What caught my attention is that one of the celebrity judges is electronic musician Deadmau5

photo by Octavio Ruiz Cervera from Mexico, Mexico, used by Creative Commons


That seems like an odd combination, even if they are - in their own way - Canadian icons.  And then I had to wonder, did he wear the mouse head to the donut tasting?  How does he eat with that thing on?

Apparently he has a history with Tim's, doing a web series of going there for coffee with music celebrities.  And they thanked him for the publicity by sculpting his logo out of Timbits.  But it occurred to me that the association that I hadn't previously seen:


There seems to be a resemblance to that little guy they used to put on the Timbit boxes.  And if memory serves, they were using the Timbit guy in the early eighties, around when Deadmau5 was born, so this could be a baby picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment