Monday, October 6, 2014

Diane, Something Strange Happened Today

I've mentioned in the past how I've been left out of some of the most discussed TV shows of recent years.  I've tried to make the case that these shows are not as widely viewed as their fans and the media think they are.  But the fact is that I've drifted away from TV as an entertainment medium.  Maybe the Internet has made me expect more bite-sized entertainment.  At a time when so many dramas are linear and progressive, I've found it harder to commit to a show and stay with it week after week.

So it was quite a switch today when the news came out that Twin Peaks is being revived.  People on Twitter were scrambling to watch the show or finish watching it.  And I was like, that was so twenty-years-ago.  Spoiler Alert, I can tell you who killed Laura Palmer.  Not that we knew what spoilers were at the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment