Monday, October 7, 2013

One Of My Biggest Pet Peeves Is

I've complained about this before, but it bugs me when news apps or web sites have lists of titles of news stories at other sites, but they shorten the titles, and what you get makes little sense.  For instance, the News & Weather app that came with my Android phone is currently reporting articles with the following headlines: "The Jaguars and Broncos fighting on Twitter will probably be more" and, "Thanksgivukkah? Gobble tov! American Jews prepare for."  Okay, admittedly that last one was going to sound silly no matter what, especially when you consider that it's coming from the Christian Science Monitor

But today I was surprised when the app linked to this story about racing driver Dario Franchitti's accident this weekend.  The headline is, "Dario Franchitti recovering from frightening crash, wife Ashley Judd by his side."  But all I saw was, "Dario Franchitti recovering from frightening crash, wife Ashley Judd."  I know they separated, but that's just not fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment