Monday, October 21, 2013

Now Let Me Tell You How Hard It Was To Publish That Last Post

I haven't posted in a couple of days, since my difficulties getting the last post online had me close to throwing the computer out the window.  See?  I'm so mad I couldn't even come up with less clichéd way to describe my anger.

I won't recount all of it, but it began with my not being able to upload the flow chart graphic directly from my computer.  That is likely due to the security set up of my browser, so I don't blame anyone for that.  But I then launched into an hour of bouncing the file between my computer, phone, and tablet, using Google's Drive online storage, the Blogger app and website, and the phone and tablet photo galleries.  Something as simple as moving files around is made difficult by both bugs and sparse touch-screen interfaces.

This is all in spite of the fact that Blogger, Drive, and the Android operating system on my phone and tablet, are all Google products.  So let me be the first to say it: Google has turned into Microsoft.   A company that turned a good product from years ago into an empire of buggy software, spreading itself too thin by trying to take on all markets at once, resulting in applications that are supposed to work together but don't, and never get fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment