Thursday, June 12, 2014

You Gotta Have (At Least One More) Faith

In my continuing mission to make Canadian versions of interesting maps of the U.S. I will now tackle religion.  This map shows the most popular non-Christian religion in each state.  Mostly it's Buddhism out west, Jewish in the North-East, and Islam everywhere else.  And for some reason, Baha'i has taken root in South Carolina.  And I never thought Arizona and Delaware would have anything in common, but apparently it's Hinduism.

So I looked up the Canadian figures, and here are the most popular non-Christian religions in each province and territory:


  • I assume "Eastern Religions" refers to Taoism and Confucianism.
  • As you might guess, Islam is also the next most popular religion for Canada as a whole.
  • "No religion" scored higher than any non-Christian religion in each province and territory. And in B.C. and Yukon, it beat any Christian denomination.
  • P.E.I. has no Sikhs, and Nunavut has no Jews.  Everybody else has at least a few of each major religion.
  • Apropos to yesterday's post, Turks & Caicos next most popular religion is also Islam.

No comments:

Post a Comment